Bills, Bills, Bills
Welcome to Saturday 9. What we’ve committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do “random questions,” so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don’t have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules.We love memes, however, and here is today’s meme.
BILLS, BILLS, BILLS (1999)
Unfamiliar with this week’s tune? Hear it here.
1) This song is about a cheating boyfriend. Unlike most songs, where the lover deceives by seeing another, this one squanders his girl’s financial resources. She sings that he’s ruined her credit. Do you know your credit score?
Yes, I do. I watch it carefully
2) How often do you pay your bills? Do you handle them as they come in, or do you pay weekly, bi-weekly or monthly? Or are you lucky enough to have someone else handle your bills?
I am fortunate to have the most amazing husband that pays the bills the day they come in. I was that way when I was single, but its nice to not worry these days.
3) Destiny’s Child had a hit with “Bills, Bills, Bills.” This girl group got their start in Houston, TX. During the recent, bruising storm, lead singer Beyonce sent food, money and water to her home state. Have you spent much time in the Lone Star State?
Well, when my then second husband and I moved to CA from OH, we went through briefly. Just enough time to eat at some big steak place that the dinner was free if you ate it all. He did. It was gross!!!
4) Beyonce is the breakout star of the group and went on to have a highly successful solo career. Can you think of another star who began his/her career as the member of a group?
5) “Bills, Bills, Bills” was performed a cappella by the kids on Glee. That Fox show ran for six seasons. Were you a fan?
6) In 1999, when this song was on the charts, SpongeBob SquarePants premiered. The show remains popular among the younger set. Have you ever seen it?
I am an AUNT OF THE YEAR…. who lives in a pineapple under the sea… 🙂
7) SpongeBob has become an industry, spawning movies, a Broadway musical, video games and both coloring and comic books. Once considered children’s amusements, today coloring and comic books enjoy a following among adults. Have you recently enjoyed coloring or reading a comic book?
I didn’t really enjoy either as a kid, so…
8) Also in 1999, Walmart expanded to the United Kingdom. Do you shop at Walmart?
I get my Grace’s medicine there, so once a month I go. I don’t really shop there. Our Boardman Walmart is horrible.
9) Random question — We’ve all met people who aren’t exactly as they present themselves. Are you good at spotting a phony?
I was married to a sociopath for 4 years. I hardly trust anyone anymore, because I can REALLY spot them!
2 thoughts on “Saturday Nine”
My husband also pays the bills. I like to not have to worry much about that. It is so constant. Loved your answers. Have a nice weekend.
I am glad your husband is out of the hospital. Nice to see you return to Saturday 9.