Walking on Broken Glass
Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we’ve committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do “random questions,” so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don’t have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love to answer the questions, however, and here is today’s questions!
Saturday 9: Walking on Broken Glass (1992)
Unfamiliar with this week’s tune? Hear it here.
1) Annie sings that she feels she’s walking on broken glass. What’s the most recent item you broke?
I have some stoneware dishes that are aging. I picked up a small plate from the hot dishwasher and CRACK!
2) She sings about being cut until she bleeds. Tell us about a time you needed stitches.
wOW… like forever!
3) This week’s featured artist, Annie Lennox, was born on Christmas Day. Do you know anyone whose birthday falls on a holiday?
Jimmy Buffet is a Christmas baby!
4) When Annie met Dave Stewart, with whom she’d form the duo The Eurthmyics, she was living in Australia and staying in a tiny apartment called a bedsit. The occupant has his/her own combination bedroom/livingroom with cooking facilities, but must share a bathroom. Tell us about one of your early apartments.
My first apartment was in New Castle PA. HUGE apartment in a HUGE home. Fireplace in the bedroom, stained glass windows in the bedroom and bathroom. OLD OLD OLD but so cool for a first apartment. Oh, by the way, it was in the ghetto!!
5) After the Eurythmics broke up, Annie went out on her own. Would you rather work independently, or as part of a group?
Independent. all the way
6) Among her many honors, Annie Lennox was named chancellor of Scotland’s Glasgow Calledonia University. What’s the last college campus you visited? What brought you there?
National University. It was a for profit not very good choice, but I couldn’t walk a campus anymore! But, I did graduate
7) In 1992, the year this song was recorded, compact discs outsold cassette tapes for the first time. Back in the day, did you enjoy making your own mix tapes?
I love it.
8) Also in 1992, Johnny Carson made his last appearance as host of The Tonight Show. The catchphrase, “Here’s Johnny!” was associated with the show. Can you think of another popular TV catchphrase?
Lucy, you have a lot of ‘splainin’ to do!!
9) Random question: Think of your past week. Now look ahead to the coming week. Would you like it to be more, or less, exciting?
I would like it to be a little more exciting, but hell, as long as i can get out of bed, I’m happy!
2 thoughts on “Saturday Nine… its been awhile!”
Yes, these days getting out of bed is the highlight of the day. Can’t complain! Nice to see you back, and Happy Thanksgiving.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you. It seems like I work everyday, only a few hours most days, but everyday is draining. I’ll take it til they shut us down again!! xoxo