1. Is it more important to love or be loved?
I don’t have an answer to that. Maybe love, because its not so important that anyone love me. My husband and my family love me and for me, that is all I need.
2. If you had the chance to go back in time and change one thing would you do it?
I would have finished college before getting married. I still wish that I could have been in law enforcement. That was what I really wanted to do with my life.
3. If a doctor gave you five years to live, what would you try to accomplish?
I think I would like to spend time in places I thought I would love to have lived.
4. What is the difference between innocence and ignorance?
Wow, this one is tough. Innocence is just raw emotion. And ignorance, is a choice we make to be. I pray that I would never be ignorant.
5. What is the simplest truth you can express in words?
People need the Lord. It makes living so much better knowing that GOD is with us, always
6. What gives your life meaning?
Feeling that SOMEONE needs me. Even if its just my dogs.
7. Can there be happiness without sadness? Pleasure without pain? Peace without war?
These things I do not know.
8. What’s the one thing you’d like others to remember about you at the end of your life?
That I showed them kindness.
9. Is there such a thing as perfect?
IF there is, I haven’t found it.
10. What do you love most about yourself?
That I feel at ease with most people.
11. Is it more important to do what you love or to love what you are doing?
To me, they are the same thing.
12. What do you imagine yourself doing ten years from now?
I can’t look that far ahead. I would have never thought I would fall in love over again with my husband. I never would have imagined the life I had in twentyten.
13. What small act of kindness were you once shown that you will never forget?
I was really in a dark place in my life, I can’t even think about how hard my life was, and the desire to just stay in bed. I had 20 bucks. I needed dog food and gas. I went to get both, while I was at the gas station, with a hoodie over my head and just wanting to get back home to the dogs and my bed, a dear friend spotted me. Hair not brushed, wasn’t showered, hadn’t brushed my teeth or even gotten out of the house in weeks. He came and talked to me, we prayed together, he told me about the church he was going to and invited me. He cared when I didn’t even WANT anyone to care. God put him right where I needed him.
14. To what degree have you controlled the course your life has taken?
I could lie, and tell you 100 percent. I lived against the wind and chose to do it that way. But in the big picture, God had my back all the way. I have been in some messed up situations, but through it all, God let things always work out to where my life wasn’t threatened. AND it should have been… more than once.
15. If you looked into the heart of your enemy, what do you think you would find that is different from what is in your own heart?
As I sit here tonight, I cannot even THINK of someone that would/could be my enemy. I have lost/pushed a few people OUT of my life, and don’t want them back, but I do not feel that they are my enemies… they just didn’t belong in my life anymore, or they hurt me more than enough times to turn my back. But no enemies.
6 thoughts on “”
Wow, that act of kindness saved your life. And I really like what you said at the end “they just didn’t belong in my life anymore”
Thank you for the comment 😊 It took me a long time to feel okay about saying goodbye ! Now I know early on when I meet a phony!!
I always admire your honesty, Mair. You aren’t afraid to lay your life bare and share how the Lord turned it around. Who knows how many lives you are touching?! And your truth in #5…spot on! I don’t know how people can deal with this life without knowing that God is ultimately in control of everything.
Have a blessed day, friend!
I know that my entire life, no matter how I tried, and boy did I try, to screw it up, the Lord was probably sitting up there thinking ‘let’s see how much trouble she can get herself into before I come to the rescue’. But I knew He was always in control!
Your act of kindness answer made me tear up. Thank you for sharing.I do admire your honesty!
And finishing college before marriage should have been the plan for me as well. Life had other ideas. I went back in my thirties and finished, but it was soooo hard with a family and a job. No regrets though.
This meme really made me think! Have a great day.
Through it all I have learned to just “keep the faith” . Gods plan and our plans are usually, for me anyway, polar opposites! Thank you for your comment. ❣️