Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we’ve committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do “random questions,” so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don’t have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today’s meme!
Two Divided by Love (1971)
Unfamiliar with this week’s song? You can hear it here.
1) Sam’s teacher told her she’d use math every day. What’s the last math problem you solved? (Did you add to/subtract from the balance of your checkbook … use division to figure out how much you’d save with 25% off that sweater …)
Yesterday, I multiplied 2.5 x the amount the recipe suggested.
2) The lyrics tell us that if you take away the rain from a flower, the flower just won’t grow. Do you have any indoor houseplants? Could they use a drink of water this morning?
I have a ton of indoor plants. They could possibly all use a spritz. They are close to the fireplace, they always get misty holding my hand.
3) This week’s artists, The Grass Roots, are introduced in this video by country music superstar Kenny Rogers. Who is your favorite country music singer?
1. Old Dominion 2. Lady A and you know my usuals…Kenny C and Jimmy Buffet
4) The two unmarried members of the group — guitarist Warren Entner and drummer Ricky Coonce — competed for a lady’s affection on
a 1968 episode of The Dating Game
. Neither of them won! She chose Bachelor #1. Anyway, have you ever appeared on a game show? Do you know anyone who has?
No, but 2 of my cousins were on the Price is Right. One was discovered in LA and it boosted is acting career! Geeze I miss him. He has a wife and baby now…
5) The Grass Roots were originally called The 13th Floor. They chose this cheeky name because many high rises do not have a 13th floor since 13 is considered an unlucky number, and they were thumbing their noses at superstition. Are you superstitious?
Sometimes… when it comes to my mom’s death I am
6) At the time of his death in 2011, group leader Rob Grill was still playing music, touring with a reconfigured Grass Roots. His widow Nancy referred to him as “one lucky son of a gun” because he’d been able to support himself as a musician, doing what he loved for 45 years. In what ways do you consider yourself fortunate?
Remarrying my first husband after 15 years
7) In 1971, the year this song was released, Walt Disney World opened in Florida. The Epcot Center was added in 1982. Have you ever visited this, or any, Disney theme park?
No, BUT… when I worked in Santa Ana I passed Disney in Anaheim everyday.
8) Fresh chicken was just 43¢/lb. in 1971. Do you prefer the breast or drumstick?
breast. bone in. crispy. with mashed pot, gravy and buttered corn.
9) Random question: Do you work well under pressure? I truly work best under pressure. All of my years in food service trained me well.
8 thoughts on “Two Divided By Love”
Cooking was probably the last time I used math, as well, but I didn’t even think of it last night. A ton of plants? I love the look of lots of plants in the house…something I get from my grandmother, I guess. She had over 100 in the house! Have a lovely day and enjoy the weekend, Mair!
❤️❤️❤️ I love my plants, but this winter and the fake fireplace heat has been brutal on my lavender ! Have a good week, Stace!
Well look who was first this week!
That Price Is Right appearance sounds so exciting.
I was so excited to be first!! 🎈🎉❣️
I have a colleague who was on TPIR and she won the showcase showdown! That was back in the early 2000s. I had forgotten about it until your answer.
Hi Allison! I was so amazed that people get discovered on that show!! ❣️
I use math about everyday. It is true…it is basic math, but I do use it and reading too. I wish they would make sure kids know that basic stuff really good before moving them on to complicated math. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!
Thank you for your comment Lori. Sometime it feels like we are not challenging our kids at all anymore! That’s why it’s so important for parents to be parents. Have a good week!