Welcome to Saturday 9. What we’ve committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do “random questions,” so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don’t have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today’s meme!
Saturday 9: The Nanny (1993)
Unfamiliar with this week’s tune? Hear it here.
1) This week’s song is the theme from a sitcom that originally aired from 1993 to 1999. Were you a fan?
We LOVED Nanny Fran !!
2) The song tells us that Fran once worked in a bridal shop. Have you ever worked in a retail setting?
Target. for a couple of Christmases
3) The kids in the Sheffield household appreciate their nanny’s “joie de vivre,” which is defined as “exuberant enjoyment of life.” Are you feeling joie de vivre this morning?
As much as I can! Well, its Friday night, and I’m feeling a little slep ala snoozy
4) “The Nanny” is the colorful one, the one who wears red when everyone else wears tan. What color do you think you look best in?
5) The TV show, The Nanny, was the brainchild of actress Fran Drescher. She got the idea while visiting her an old friend in London. Her friend’s pre-teen daughter enjoyed having Fran as a confidante and shopping buddy. Do you enjoy shopping as a leisure activity? Or would you prefer to just dash into a store, grab what you need, and get out and go home?
I just go in and grab what I need, but I love those brousy days with my sister. We haven’t had any of those in forever.
6) The friend Fran was visiting in London was Twiggy, who was the world’s most famous model in the 1960s. Name another famous model.
Um… That one lady that was married to that one guy on the housewives…
7) The Nanny: The Complete Series is available on DVD on Amazon. It consists of 19 discs and takes 55 hours to watch, start to finish. What TV show have you recently binge watched?
Chicage PD. The last few nights I have been up til 3 watching. Oh and I watched the last series of The Sinner. Now THAT is a psychological thriller. Season 2 just started. Its on USA and Netflix.
8) The Nanny theme was sung by Liz Callaway. Her father, the late John Callway, was a long-time Chicago newscaster. Have you, or has a loved one, ever been on TV?
Not that I can recall…. OH WAIT! My sister works for Alta Behavioral Health Care and does many of their commercials! How could I forget that … she’s the cutest thing. xoxo
9) Random question — Which of these adjectives comes closest to describing you: sexy, sophisticated or down-to-earth?
Down to earth.
4 thoughts on “The Nanny”
I’m going to have to remember The Sinner for when our Comcast contract is up and we go back to only having Netflix and Hulu.
That one lady and that one guy….LOL
“Mr. Sheffield” was attractive, wasn’t he?
It must be cool to turn on the TV and unexpectedly see a loved on in a commercial.
I started The Sinner last night “On Demand”! What a great show.
I am gathering up everyone’s excitement now, and think I’ll have to find “The Nanny” someplace or other, Chicago PD, and now, “The Sinner”! lol