Welcome to Saturday: 9
. What we’ve committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do “random questions,” so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don’t have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love to answer the questions, however, and here is today’s questions!
Saturday 9: Silent Night (1957)
Unfamiliar with this week’s tune? Hear it here.
1) How well do you know “Silent Night?” Without looking up the lyrics, could you sing along with Elvis?
2) The Christmas with Elvis album hit the stores in October 1957. Were you already preparing for Christmas back in October?
No, in fact… I just started, and doing much of it through Facebook Marketplace
3) Clearly Elvis liked a flocked white Christmas tree. Is your tree flocked, aluminum or pine green? Real or artificial? Or do you skip the whole tree thing altogether?
We have a 4ft faker. I can’t remember the last time we had a real tree. The older I get, the less importance it has.
4) Back in the late 1950s, Elvis left his hair its natural brown color. In the 1960s he began having it dyed black. Do you have a salon appointmentscheduled between now and year end?
My hair is SHORT, so I go in every 3 or so weeks. So I probably will.
5) Have you ever peeked, looking for a Christmas gift you know is hidden for you somewhere in the house?
As a child, my mom said if we peek, santa won’t come. So I didn’t. As an adult, no one in my house buys me a gift, so….
6) Which do you prefer, candy canes or gingerbread?
to eat, candy canes. to smell and look at, gingerbread
7) Is anyone receiving a home made or do-it-yourself gift from you this year?
No. No one cares about Christmas here.
8) Do you wrap holiday gifts in paper, or do you take the gift bag route?
Depends on my mood. Right now, I’m feeling ‘giftbaggy’.
9) This time of year is big for charitable fundraising. Here’s your chance to plug a cause or organization that’s near and dear to you.
The rescue mission. Being a driver, I pass there many times. It breaks my heart.
2 thoughts on “Silent Night”
Merry Christmas Mary. I’m really tired but wanted to wish you this. May it be beautiful!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you Zips! That meant a lot. Merry Christmas to you, too. 🎄❌⭕️❌